Mikko:
7.10-7.20 AM, bus station, Hat Yai
The
trip from Krabi in Thailand to Penang in Malaysia is easily doable in
one day on a minivan. But due to our minivan experience in Laos, I
chose to take public buses instead – and anyway, after three days
in Tonsai I was eager to be in a place with a few Thai people in it
(this was Thailand, after all). So my itinerary consisted of hopping
from town to town, bus to bus, which made it quite prone to delays
and thus missing the next connection. When I arrived to Hat Yai, it
was already close to sunset, so I decided to call it a day and travel
to the border only in the morning.
Entering
Hat Yai, we passed an immense department store of the “Central”
chain - their flagship, I believe, is the Central World in Bangkok –
and I instantly knew where I would spend the evening. The store
boasted an Imax theatre, so I tried going to the movies, but as the
only film worth seeing was dubbed in Thai, I did some shopping
instead. I also had a “iced green tea latte” at Starbucks, which
cost 125 baht, which is six times more than the same thing at Hat Yai
bus station this morning (only here it was larger, and tasted
better).
- Iced green tea with milk
- Fried seaweed flakes
Elina:
9.30-10.05 AM, Halaman Bukit Gambir, Penang
Today
was a bank holiday in Malesia (because of Thaibusam Hindu festival).
To celebrate my super kind Airbnb hosts proposed a trip to Penang
national park and even offered me a delicious breakfast before a
funny day outing
- scrambled egg with toast
- natural yogurt with muesli and orange
- bananas
- tea
- water

0 kommenttia:
Lähetä kommentti