17.1.2015

Elina: 10.45-11.00 AM, a street vendor breakfast, Prajak Alley, Nong Khai

I had a plan to have breakfast on my way to the bus station but I could not find my copy of the “we don't eat meat” note (and considering I was alone the plural form of the note would have been confusing anyway), so I decided to stick to one of the restaurants we had previously visited. There were two options on my way, of which the first one was closed, but the second try turned out a success – it took only one finger and smile and I got:



  • noodle soup with tofu and vegetables
  • water
Unfortunately it was not as easy to explain the curious staff why Mikko had travelled to Bangkok but I was still in Nong Khai...


Mikko: 8.45-9.00 AM, a street vendor breakfast, Lumphini park, Bangkok

I arrived to Bangkok's Hua Lamphong station just after six in the morning. At first, the way to the guest house where I had a reservation seemed easy: just two stops in the underground, and a short walk from there. I would drop my backpack in the lobby, beg for an early check-in; and should my prayers not be heard, head out for a picnic breakfast in the park, and perhaps a nap. It was only when I'd boarded the underground that I realised I don't have any idea of the exact location of my guest house, and better yet, remembered reading a review on Booking.com saying that the place was infuriatingly hard to find. Oh well, I thought, I'll ask for directions from the first hotel I come across.

I stepped out of the underground station at around 6.45 AM. When one knows the way, a walk from the underground to the guest house takes five minutes, but it was just shy of 8 AM when I finally dropped down my bag at the veranda of Sala Thai Daily Mansion. On the way, I ended up asking directions from four different hotels, one of which I visited twice – and glad I did, as it was only on the second time that I got a crucial hint that pointed me to the right alley. Maybe there was a lesson learned from this, ahyhow – something about scribbling down a map before taking off...

An early check-in was not possible, so I opted for plan B, and head to Lumpini park, gathering myself a set of street food on the way:



  • a vegetable and surimi omelet, served with rice and chili sauce
  • chocolate waffle
  • green tea with milk



0 kommenttia:

Lähetä kommentti

 

Flickr Photostream

Twitter Updates

Meet The Author